Saturday, August 14, 2004

Rhochie and I visited my parents at the hospital today. My mom has dengue. Yesterday, one of the school staff heard that my mom was in the hospital. She kept trying to convince me to buy flowers from this store where her sister-in-law works. I explained to her that my mom would much rather have me buy some take-out for lunch, and perhaps some snacks, since she absolutely hated hospital food. Besides, flowers make her sneeze. My workmate spent an entire afternoon trying to change my mind, saying things like flowers have healing powers and will absorb the illness. Gee, the next time I get sick, flowers will be the first thing I'll buy. If only I knew this before, then I wouldn't have wasted all of my money on medicine.

2 comments:

bakya said...

i hope your parents will get well soon! i'm glad you're writing again. i still remember (even if you don't!) the story you wrote back in highschool about the girl with an eye on her palm :)

categorically imperative said...

Hey, I'd love to read that. A girl with an eye in her palm? Sounds like Micki in the guys' bathroom. Hyok, hyok!!!