Saturday, February 26, 2005

February is almost over and I'll remember it as the mumps month - the month when dozens of children were sent to school with mumps despite memos and announcements not to send a sick child to school. The most common "excuse" parents gave when they were called to the office was "She/He doesn't have mumps, she/he has a toothache." The second most common was "She/He was crying because she/he really wanted to come to school. I can't stand to see her/him cry." But my favorite of all was "He doesn't have mumps! His father punched him in the face last night, that's why his face is swollen."

3 comments:

categorically imperative said...

I'll take mumps over a punch in the face any day...what happened nga pala to your "emotional vampire" friend?

Rhochie said...

It would have been fun if you called DSWD to act on the matter. Hehe

banzai cat said...

I swear to god rhoch your wife's stories will give anyone nightmares! 8-O