Monday, January 15, 2007

I've been feeling terrible since Saturday having a sore throat, major headache and colds. I suspect one of my students came to school sick last Friday because I usually get sick when one of them is sick. Kids' germs seem so much stronger and easier to catch. Sure enough, half of my students were absent today. Half of those who came to school had terrible colds. I ended up going home right after my class because my headache was becoming unbearable. Please! If you have sick kids please do not send them to school! Sigh.
One thing I've noticed is that the most disruptive kids are usually the ones sent to school sick. They're also the ones who arrive an hour early and are fetched an hour late. The nice kids always arrive for class just 5 to 10 minutes early and are fetched on time. The most disruptive kid in my class has his mom waiting for him outside the school, but she still pick him up late and brings him to school super early. She just hangs out outside the school. Hmmm, makes me think they don't want to watch over their own kids. She even brought him to school when classes were cancelled due to a typhoon and asked me to watch over her kid during the alloted class hours. He was the only preschooler who came to the school that day. Could this mean that he is the most behaviorally challenged kid in the whole preschool?

No comments: