Thursday, May 20, 2004

Today at work I was checking the registration cards parents filled up during enrollment. I don't know why but some parents misspell the names of their own children, and often write the wrong birthday. I end up having to check it against the child's birth certificate.

Sometimes, their child has such a strange name, I check to make sure it's right. There was a boy named ArrArr. I thought maybe it was a nickname, but his folks really did name him ArrArr. I can imagine when he reaches high school people will call him doggie or bow wow.

Then, there are the kids who I really feel sorry for. If only I could, I would tell their parents to have their family names changed. I mean, if you were a girl, would you to marry someone with the family name Ginahasa? Or how it would feel if everyone at work called you Mr. Peniz?

No comments: