Sunday, May 09, 2004

Yesterday, I went to the gym. I've been going for about two weeks now and I'm starting to notice something. The personal trainers are always happy to see me and encourage me to try out every single machine in the gym. I suspect it may be my tiny tiny frame with tons of fat and they feel they must put some muscle meat on me.

It was okay at first, I got to learn how the machines work and what the different classes are. But after a while it was just painful. "Here, let's add some more weights." "You can do it! Push! Pull!" "Just one more machine and we'll be through." "Let's do a whole body workout today." Ugh! I couldn't budge a couple of machines, even without any weights.

The first three times I went my body hurt for more than two days. But now it's getting better. Maybe in three months I'll actually be able to move all of the machines, with weights.

No comments: